Curtains & Alphabet Rocks

I finally finished sewing the living room curtains, having bought the fabric 5 years ago. The stones I painted for work are sitting on the sill. Yes, I pretend they're a kids craft but they're really just for me.
I could paint rocks all day.

























Alphabet Rocks

Materials:
Adhesive backed letter stickers
Acrylic paint
Paint brush
Outdoor Mod Podge (available at Michaels)
(Do not use Ceramcoat-it takes the paint off)
I used “river” rocks from Michaels ($2.99) but I have also worked with rocks from my yard.

  • Clean and dry the rocks.
  • Stick to the letters onto the rocks.
  • Gently brush (I like to dab) two layers of acrylic paint, allowing the coats to dry between layers.
  • When the paint is completely dry, peel off the letters.
    Scratch away any paint that's oozed under the letters with the tip of an X-acto knife.
  • Water down the outdoor Mod Podge (it’s pretty thick) with a one-to-one ratio and apply several layers allowing each coat to dry completely between applications. You can set them outside or play with them inside.   

No comments :

Post a Comment